MEMBERSHIP AT IEC OF OREGON PROVIDES VALUE
Becoming a contractor member gives you the benefits and support you need to grow your business. Members have access to discounts on the products and services they need, political representation on a state and national level, networking and promotional events and more.
Our industry partners are the foundation of the electrical industry, offering the tools, supplies, services and support needed for our contractor members to effectively manage their businesses. IEC Oregon offers industry partners exposure opportunities to connect and build your business through networking events, sponsorships and promotional materials.
MEMBER BENEFITS AS A CONTRACTOR MEMBER
Saving You Money
Health Net and Samaritan Health Services are leading providers of health insurance plans and all IEC member employers may take advantage of their large group discount. Find a plan today that fits your needs.
IEC’s Group Plan with SAIF Corporation allows you to receive exclusive discounts and special offers on your worker’s compensation insurance.
HR Answers Advantage Plan
We’ve partnered with HR Answers to provide our members with FREE unlimited access to HR Consultants available to discuss any HR or employee related problem.
Training the Next Generation and Developing Careers
IEC of Oregon is active in the recruitment and training of the next generation and development of their careers. IEC of Oregon runs three separate apprenticeship programs:
- Area I Limited Energy program in conjunction with Clackamas Community College in Wilsonville
- Area II Inside Electrical program and Limited Residential at the Independent Electrical Training Center in Salem partnered with Chemeketa Community College for college credit
- Online apprenticeship training throughout the state
These programs are currently training over 500 apprentices per year. In addition, member discounts on our continuing education programs help keep licenses up to date and our professional courses further develop your workforce.
Developing Your Business
Connect with other industry specific professionals who not only understand your challenges and needs, but can provide you needed services and advice. Attend lunch seminars, a celebrating women event at IETC, a Wire Off competition, an annual Membership Dinner event, an IEC Power Shoot event, and educational, industry-related seminars to keep on top of the trends and issues vital to your business and workforce retention.
Participate at the national level either in forums where non-competing groups of contractors from different regions discuss and share best practices to operate more profitably or at the National IEC Convention, Business Summit or Policy Conference.
Advocating For You and Your Business
IEC of Oregon has been the voice of the merit shop for over forty years. We advocate for the non-union shop on a local, state, and national level, weighing in on any new legislative or regulatory measures that may impact our members. This includes working with the Department of Labor to make sure that any apprenticeship rules and standards apply fairly to merit shop contractors. We take a stand against anti-competitive project labor agreements that halt fair, competitive bidding on public projects. We fight to make sure that these regulations are unbiased, safe and do not place unnecessary burden on contractors. To learn more, click here.
Promoting High Standards in The Electrical Industry
Our national Codes and Standards Committee has a direct impact on shaping the standards for the electrical industry. IEC National has a representative that sits on every code panel. We have two members that sit on each of the nineteen panels of the National Fire Protection Association’s (NFPA) 70 National Electrical Code (NEC). In addition, we work closely with the International Association of Electrical Inspectors and the National Electrical Manufacturers Association to make sure there is a voice advocating for the industry and the merit shop. To learn more about the code making process and IEC’s involvement, click here.
When you join IEC of Oregon, you’re supporting the merit-shop business and the continued success of the electrical industry. For more information about the benefits of membership, contact Cindy Regier at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-598-7789.
MEMBER BENEFITS AS AN INDUSTRY PARTNER
Membership in IEC of Oregon
IEC of Oregon is the only independent association dedicated to merit shop electrical and limited energy system contractors. Becoming an Industry Partner of IEC of Oregon allows you to be a part of an organization of influential industry leaders providing the products and services that help our members effectively manage their businesses. IEC of Oregon offers Industry Partners exposure opportunities to connect and build your business through networking events, sponsorship and promotional materials.
There are four levels of involvement: Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. Your commitment includes one full year of membership.
Please contact email@example.com for a booklet outlining all the sponsorship opportunities before filling out the Industry Partner agreement below. Thank you.
Events – Where Do You Want to Be?
IEC of Oregon has several events throughout the year:
- Make The Connection Lunch Series in February, March, October and November at the IEC Offices in Tigard
- Celebrating Women in the Electrical Trades March 20, 2020 at IETC in Salem
- Inside Electrical Graduation May 13, 2020 at the Keizer Community Event Center
- Limited Energy Graduation July 9, 2020 at the Holiday Inn in Wilsonville
- Annual Membership Meeting and Dinner June 25, 2020 at The Nordia House
- The IEC Power Shoot September 11, 2020 at Canby Rod and Gun Club
- National Apprenticeship Week Local Open House November 10, 2020 at IETC in Salem
We have several ways to become an Industry Partner and participate in each event. Plus we can talk about customizing your involvement. Please contact Gina Cumming at firstname.lastname@example.org for an Industry Partner booklet.
Industry Members also have access to the IEC Oregon Member List, and meeting space at our IEC of Oregon offices.
Marketing To Provide You Exposure
Depending upon the level of commitment that you choose, you will have exposure (logo, link and/or bio) to IEC’s contract members through the IEC website and monthly newsletter. IEC of Oregon in turn, will be happy to promote your events to our membership.
There are four levels in which to become an Industry Partner with IEC of Oregon depending on your needs: Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze. Plus additional sponsorship opportunities at all levels in ten events.
IEC of Oregon is always open to new ideas to fit your brand and awareness needs. Please contact Cindy Regier at email@example.com or Gina Cumming at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a booklet outlining the partner levels and the additional sponsorship opportunities for the events.
IEC of Oregon offers Industry Partners more exposure opportunities than ever to connect and build your business through networking events, sponsorships, promotional materials and other benefits.
IEC NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Discounts on worker’s compensation, liability and property insurance, fleet management, business management software, Home Depot Pro, office supplies and more.
- Management education sessions and project management courses through IEC University offered in partnership with Perdue University.
- IEC University eCampus: online courses covering safety, technical issues and business skills
- National magazine and electronic newsletters
- Online Member Directory
- Membership discounts apply at national meetings including the Washington, DC and the national IEC Convention and Expo.
- National forums enable groups of non-competing contractors to share “best practices” confidentially
- National task forces and committees allow you to work with other members on issues facing the industry and IEC
- Membership discounts apply to textbooks, manuals, and videos in the areas of safety and management/workforce training
- Safety materials and OSHA’s Construction Industry Regulations
- IEC logo apparel
“We’ve been a part of IEC for many years…from discounts, to insurance, to training, advocacy and beyond. Becoming an IEC of Oregon member pays back with large dividends.”
– Don K., President, Safety Electric, Inc.